Friday, July 28, 2006

Hour 27 of Isolation...

The nursing staff, the doctors, and Tony have confirmed that Saturday early morning hours is the usual time that subjects become "symptomatic". Got a dreading feeling that we're not going to be so lucky, that the dose we've been given (4.8 plaques per something-or-other), is still above threshold, and that 6 lucky men and women are going to get their date with Norwalk two months from now for another round of testing at an even lower. If we are going to be symptomatic, then I've got about 6 hours, more or less, of well-being to enjoy. Maybe we won't get full-out sick. Maybe we'll just feel nauseous or maybe just a couple of hours of trots, like bad take-out. I just wish this weren't double-blind. One of us got the placebo. I don't know about the others but I wish I knew what my day was going to be like tomorrow.

Just watched another 3 or 4 hours of House. Isn't that the very definition of addiction? An addict counts how many Vicodin he's got left in his possession. I've been counting how many episodes I have left (four), and I've been evaluating my friends, trying to determine if any of them like me enough to go get me the other House Season 1 discs that I don't have, from Blockbuster.

Ah.

It turns out there are no extra discs at Blockbuster. This is it, the last of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home