Friday, July 28, 2006

Still no coffee

Tony's here. But he hasn't made the coffee yet. "Give us some time," he says.
I chirp some perky who-needs-coffee?-not-me! response to him ("Okey dokey, no problemorooni!"). Meanwhile, I want to break down my isolation door, grab his bag of Starbucks coffee, hit him over the head to crack the beans a little, eat a handful, and lick the bean dust from under my fingernails. The nursing staff would look aghast at the contamination issues I've brought onto the unit, and curse me. "Now the cleaning staff has to disinfect!" one mumbles. "That's what I'm saying," the other says.

God dammit, I've got work to do! Cheetos and Nutella's is not going to crank up my engine!

I think this Dave Barry article about caffeine addiction sums up some of my sentiment.

Best line: "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home