Friday, July 28, 2006

At least I didn't describe the rest of the food.

Methodist Hospital has this dessert called Frosted Yellow Cake. It is exactly what it sounds like and it is addictive as hell. I ordered and ate TWO of them. I still can't believe I did that. I'm so full. And yet...I wish I had another slice right now. This is utterly mad. Frosted Yellow Cake is a perfect cube; the cake is cut so sharply and finely that you don't even see the tell-tale signs of shearing that you'd expect to see on a slice of cake. This beauty looks like it was excised with a scalpel. And the frosting is a uniform, surgically precise 6 mm thick layer of white. Lucky that your teeth and tongue are that sensitive to a change in resistance, otherwise you wouldn't appreciate the crunchier sugary layer that's sedimented above the gooier frosting layer. Altogether, Frosted Yellow Cake looks so perfect that you could have drawn it using a ruler and colored pencils.
And that's when I devour it. Aurmmmph!

1 Comments:

Blogger Vanya said...

Sigh...I have the strong urge to make love to a slice of cake, and I don't even eat cake!

9:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home