Thursday, August 10, 2006

Stressed.

I'm so stressed out right now. Dr. Pwactical is leaving on Saturday, and he's told me I need to get all the data analysis completed by then so that he can give me a grade for my incomplete. Monday night, I finished up what I thought was the last of the analysis. Tuesday, printed it all out. Wednesday: we go over it together, molecule by molecule. And even though I've more or less finished everything (there's maybe 5% of the total analysis left to do), he still demands that I fix up the last few things (which took me five hours to do tonight). WTF? Why can't he just give me a goddamn grade? I actually bellowed in frustration. Not the kind you do on purpose to relieve your frustration. The kind of bellow that comes out that you have little control over.

The added stress is that:
a) my boss wants a bunch of work to be finished by tomorrow and I'm pretty sure that I'm still going to be messing with Dr. Pwactical's analysis still, plus I've got a 3pm meeting with Pwactical. 3pm is right about the time that my boss wants me to be piloting my experiment and testing everyone. I keep seeing that begrudging look on his face: his eyebrows go up, his eyes shift sideways, and he says, "Ahhhh...ohhhh-kay." Moreover my program is supposed to be "bulletproof" by tomorrow. My program is still rickety. It's an ad-hoc designed piece of code that's clumsy and inelegant and NOT robust at all. It was slapped together with mental Elmer's glue; who knows if it'll work if I start running subjects on it? What would you expect? This is the first thing I've ever coded and I am proud of myself, but I think I would be developing an inferiority complex, were it now forVanya's tireless cheerleading.
b) Praztitute is coming to visit me this weekend. I haven't seen him in so long, but while he's here, I have to juggle...
c) Studying for the Stats final on Tuesday
d) Doing the Stats take-home test this weekend.

Thank God I don't have other responsibilities. How do working mothers do this!? I just don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home