Wednesday, June 07, 2006

food...

So apparently, the only thing I'm really interested in blogging are the things I eat. I've lately become obsessed (are we noting the recurrent theme of obsessions?) with Caprese Salad, a.k.a. Insalata Caprese. MY VERSION (which is way better) consists of:
- grape tomatoes: not any other kind, must be grape tomatoes
- basil leaves: the more fragrant, the better; the Kroger on Cambridge has good ones for a decent price.
- prosciutto: procured from Whole Foods. Probably the priciest item here. $4 for 4 ounces, but I used an ounce in each salad I ate, so I feel it's worth it.
- red bell peppers: this is my own addition, it is not traditionally found in Caprese Salad. I have a feeling that the sweeter orange-yellow bell peppers would be better, but alas, those weren't on sale.
-fresh mozzarella, cubed.
-drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with pepper and sea salt. Yes, sea salt. If you don't have it, get it; I think it's a way better garnish than regular salt. Costs a couple of dollars for a container, it isn't that pricey.

I can't believe I blogged this.

After dinner, I ate some Nutella. That s--- is addictive.