Thursday, December 29, 2005

improv

Dude, improv has rules! They have commandments and a lexicon. Check it out. Crazy. Thinly controlled chaos, I'm thinking.
I've read through all of the glossary. I'm wondering what would happen if I treated everyday life like improv? I'm talking to someone, they "offer" and I "accept" and add conflict and advance the scene. How many people do you/I know who seem to just shoot things down? I'm not even talking in the sense of improv. Doesn't it feel like there are people who just don't advance the conversation but are stuck in a ranty rut? (mmm...ranty rut, I like it.). I'm not sure if I'm going to flesh out this thought. Maybe later after gnawing on it a bit.
Something else that's interesting: my previous blog mentions "Yes-And" as a good technique for getting humor when you're on an awkward date; yes-and is from comedic improv.